AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

GS2 - Swath Control Pro
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

nsfarm
Posted 5/21/2008 22:36 (#382351 - in reply to #382109)
Subject: Re: GS2 - Swath Control Pro

Manitoba, Canada
In my experience the "acres remaining" is based just on your driven boundry. Which is stupid because im like you it would be nice to be able to enter a number of acres in apex that you consistantly get, and have it count down from there. Im still looking for that one task that makes Apex handy to have. haha. And im with you, the boundry tool is a real pain because alot of your farm land will be similar to ours where you have another smaller field on the other side of the runway or ditch. You pretty much have to pause and make a little sliver from one "field" to the next. And it seems like everytime you try and make a new boundry you forget half way and run accross the field without pausing... or have to go fill... or see a coyote accross the field and need to chase it down... theres always sompething. Not to mention trying to explain how to do it to an employee.
I too used to get different numbers in the GS original and the GS2. I think the original was using wheel speed. There is a radar pulse wire that comes out of the starfire itc. I ran it down the sprayer and under the rad where the radar would be, i just spliced it into that plug, then the ratecontroller on the gs original thinks there is a radar which is actually the GPS speed. I cant remember wether i played with the cal numbers, but i just watched both speeds to make sure they are the same. I just wish they would relese the software that is in the 30 series so you can take the gs original out of the sprayer and just run the GS2. They keep saying "soon"
But like you said, dispite the little problems, it is pretty hard to go to any other system

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)