AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Anyone using Topcon X20?? Opinions on Topcon as a company.
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

Macy
Posted 5/21/2008 18:29 (#382217 - in reply to #382184)
Subject: RE: Non-responsive to third-party integration

I'm not sure what Chuckster's comment was referring to.   The only thing that I'm aware of on the Insight that  third-party software can't get to is the ability to export "as-planted" maps into a unit so that while harvesting, you can have automatic variety location.   But the SMS software can't export that info into the unit either.   I AgLeader has provided access to all other data constructs... both inbound and outbound.

From what I have seen of the Kee stuff, it is really quite powerful.  They were doing the auto-swath kind of thing before other companies acted like they had even heard of it.  The box is powerful and extensible.  They just apparently don't see value in letting third-party companies read and write data to it.   I've heard you can send shapefiles to it.   I've heard you get some kind of a text file back... even poked around in one to do reverse engineering a couple of years ago.   But you know... life's too short.  The company can be upfront and provide third-party support, or we can walk away.   I'm too old and tired to continue trying to back-door systems.

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)