AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Beeline auto steer questions?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

JonND
Posted 5/19/2008 18:10 (#381059)
Subject: Beeline auto steer questions?

EC North Dakota
Anyone using Beeline guidance system with autosteer??

Have the newest updated software in mine, no manuals available for all the new features yet but have figured most of them out myself.

Here are some issues I am having that I would like to know if others are having this also? I am running on the basic system, no upgrade on corrections, which works for what I want to do with the auto steer.

When there is a change in satalites being received quite often the auto steer will make a major change in where it thinks it is. I mean from a correction of 3" to thinking it is 40" off line. I hate trying to make the adjustments so just reset the AB line. Does this happen to anyone else?

I seem to have a lot of low signal strength, usually three bars on occasion 4 bars. In certain fields no matter what the strength the auto steer will just quit for a short distance in the field. Pickup again and when I turn around works fine until the same spot in field and will then again drop signal. This will happen for a couple rounds and then back to normal. Any thoughts on what may be happening???

Some days the drift from actual is dramatic all day, reset every hour or so, other days I don't have to adjust the drift manually at all. Is this satalite positioning or is it just me??

I seem to have more problems when goin N to S than E to W. Last Fall when most work done on angle we had less problems than going straight N/S or E/W. Is this common anywhere else?

Are anyother systems doing things like this or is it unique to Beeline?

I have very good service and tech support on this system and like the people I deal with so am not afraid to work with them to get it to where it should be.

Thanks for any input on this.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)