AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Another cold rainy day question- EDITED!
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

OntariOtis
Posted 5/19/2008 13:08 (#380935)
Subject: Another cold rainy day question- EDITED!

Ilderton, Ontario
--I erroniously posted that I had a 440. That is incorrect. It is a 660 raven controller! sorry, please read on.--

Just trying to get organized for late summer, as I wait for things to warm and dry here.

We started strip tilling in full form last summer/fall and are very pleased with our results. To get started we purchased a strip-till rig with fert tender, 55Cat, and an Autopilot system with Insight.

We did very little fert work with the tender as we were just wanting to work in one dimension at a time (we are simple folk). Now that we have a season of stripping under our belts we are feeling confident in adding the next dimension ( fert.)

With the strip-till rig we purchased a 660 console was included. We hooked it up last fall and did some limited applications. We ran the 660 in calibration mode and told the unit our speed, and just drove at the fixed speed. Seemed to work well for the intended porpose. We did this because we weren't sure how to get a speed signal to the 660 Whether the 660 would accept gps or radar?

My question is, since I have an Insight and a 660, do I need both?

What would you experienced guys do? We are not really interested in Mapping, nor do we do or intended to do any variable rate app.

What I would like is to reduce cab clutter if possible, and have the feed rolls of the fert tender on an impliment switch. The 660 is not a huge box, so if it is useable and will reduce the cost of the set up thats fine.

I am thinking that perhaps an impliment switch may not work due to the lag time of the air delivery, but I am open to suggestions

Edited by OntariOtis 5/19/2008 13:47
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)