AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Tips for using AB lines
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

jal1975
Posted 5/19/2008 07:19 (#380778 - in reply to #380207)
Subject: RE: Tips for using AB lines

East Central Illinois
I put my lines in this year as I planted ( earlier attempt to set them with a Polaris Ranger failed). Next to my neigbors or if I had time I drove end to end to set the line and then let the autopilot drive a straight one back. I used the edge of the planter next to the post to line up. Where I did curve patterns next to ditch banks and had plent of grass to drive on, I would drive the tractor centered on my edge, using the hood ordiment to keep my tractor lined up. I then shifted the partern over 20 ft, and let the tractor drive it. I feel I had better partern that way rather trying to drive it 20 ft out from the edge.
What I would really love would be a partern that would let you set a multiple staight lines, or a combination of curves and straight lines. Sort of a A,B,C,D sort of thing. I have some places that have straight edges for a while, then start to curve off one direction.

My patterns are set on 40 ft, but my sprayer is 90 ft and my drill is 30ft so I've got quite a bit of shifting going on. Most of the time I have just left the saved pattern on 40 ft, but if I know I'm coming back with the sprayer, I might save them as east side - sprayer.

Ted, I curious as to your use of the year in your patterns, do you do new ones everyear? Discard the olds ones? Or just so you know when you made them?
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)