AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Where's the A/C drain tube on a 9400 combine?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

ChrisTN
Posted 8/6/2006 12:46 (#33199 - in reply to #33195)
Subject: Re: Where's the A/C drain tube on a 9400 combine?

Ethridge, TN
AC in the 9xxx series combines is under the buddy seat area, nothing in the roof anymore. If you are having a strong smell, I would highly suggest you remove buddy seat, I think it's four screws, and clean out area in and around the coils. One side of coils might even have lots of crud on it, especially if it seems it doesn't cool like it used to. The, you will find underneath the cab a hose fitting that screws into plastic drain tray. You will need to take it out, as it will more than likely be plugged solid. They still attach that funky black corregated tube, but I usually pull that out, and replace it with 3/8 AA tubing. It will run from bottom of cab, thru where the hoses go down on left side of feeder house(left side determined by standing behind machine, looking in way of travel). Usually find the old hose plugged and even crushed.

While you are working on this, I would suggest you look at one other thing, and that is the brake housings on either side of transmission. Take the drive shafts out and remove the drums. Highly expect you will find them packed full of crap. Clean and lube things up. We pull these at least every other year and clean things out. Not a hard job, just takes some time.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)