AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Can a million dollars buy a new line of equipment?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

frytownfarmer
Posted 3/2/2015 12:02 (#4425281 - in reply to #4425212)
Subject: RE: Build and price

Frytown, Iowa
ricksitzmann - 3/2/2015 11:34

I agree to set everything up the way a guy would have it you'd be over a million.
Kinda scary

Say this is on a reasonably sized farm (less than 1500ac) where the machines arnt worked their asses off... 5% depreciation is a pretty good income. 50k is a quarter of a nice line of used equipment that can essentially do the exact same thing just as reliable. Like throwing away a line of equipment every 4 years.

In my opinion there is enough reliable equipment sitting on dealers lots to cover triple the acres in the USA, if not more...

New is a joke. But somebody's got to buy them... Doesn't matter what it costs! Just like land right?

And don't say a 1500 ac farm doesn't deserve new. What do you think new 12 and 16 row planters are made for? 5000 ac farms? They still make 6 row corn heads, still make platforms less than 25 feet. Still make new sprayers with 60 foot booms... Those are designed for 1000-1500 acre farms yet the price is outrageous...

I'm glad for my new gloves... But if they wernt givin to me I still pry wouldn't have them.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)