AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Good idea or not?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

Boone & Crockett
Posted 3/2/2015 03:38 (#4424442 - in reply to #4424432)
Subject: RE: My two cents,................

I'll tell you what, your friend is getting some GREAT advice here from guys who know a a thing or two about it. I don't know diddly squat about welding, but do have lots of experience on the business side of things, and I'm going to say he needs to be prepared for 15 percent of the jobs he does he will not get paid for, and 25 percent he will wait quite a while for his money. So cash flow getting started is hard enough, then throw those factors in, and makes it doubly hard. If it were me, and the phone rings from someone you do not know extremely well, I would be upfront with potential customer and inform them I need to be paid on the spot when job is completed. If customer has a problem with that, he doesn't want it fixed very badly then. And he very likely falls into one of the above 40 percent category. Times are getting tough out in the country, and getting paid is going to be 10 times tougher than recent years. The work he does in his own shop he will have an advantage on, that being it doesn't leave till paid in full. There are some real pieces of work out there, and he's gonna find 'em. Sorry to sound like a Debbie Downer, but just the way it is.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)