AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Funniest thing at a grain elevator?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

countryman
Posted 2/28/2015 15:56 (#4421047 - in reply to #4420866)
Subject: RE: Funniest thing at a grain elevator?

Germany

about 20 years ago I hauled canola into the oil mill during harvest season. They were open all night and weighed me in at 11.58 pm or so. When I had dumped the load and weighed back they could not find my first weight, and no evidence I ever was even there... but seemed to remember my face and got pretty nervous about what was going on.

It took quite a while until they found out my weight was saved in the file from the previous day as it was after midnight already. The computer system was new and it was the first night shift during harvest...

At the same place I delivered in canola in winter. The oil mill is in a canal port. As a back freight I wanted to haul fertilizer from a reloading site next door. The loading facility was not covered and I had to wait till the rain would stop. Finally I had the guy loading me no matter it still was drizzling. He opened the gate of the overhead bin and...my cargo box was still open from unloading the canola...

I asked whether a wheel loader or something was available to help clean up the mess but he silently pointed towards a shovel leaning on the wall.

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)