AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

very off brand tractors why buy
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

pudding
Posted 8/4/2006 17:08 (#32685 - in reply to #32629)
Subject: RE: very off brand tractors why buy

Somewhereville, Earth
why not

if you have a good local dealer go for it,

if they are cheaper, and you can live with having a dry clutch etc, or don't really need a cab, or anything, why not

if you match the tractor to the application, might mean you can buy a cheaper tractor and do the same job reliably, less debt servicing, etc...........no point going broke cause you want the biggest, wing-ding green one in the market at the time

i am a fan of the brands you mention, here in NZ, they are more popular then the US, because they have been in the market for longer, SAME sells well locally, there new tractors are great.............older ones were good too, have a couple well known issues, but people keep buying them..........(AGCO sold em in the US for years too)

zetor has not pushed its new model here yet, but the old ones are still round running, including the JD 2000 series (yes.............zetor)

fiat? 66 series...........lol...........= CIH JX etc.......... really not bad tractors, they do everything and are pretty robust................been building them for years, the old fiats are still some of the most manufactured tractors in india, eastern europe, .......i think they are a great simple machine........parts are easy to find .......the fiat 66 , 80, and 90 series are still floating round ,

leyland?..........well that breed has died in the new market, not known for there good brakes, but the 4-98 engine seemed to last.........you can still get parts through a angloamerican outfit

belarus, they are building the new ones better, i am told the ones built towards the end of the communist rule in russia were iffy..........have read of a few new ones out there really doing what they are suppose to with minimal fuss, ya rather buy a half stuffed second hand green clunker, or a new belarus with 2 yr warranty?..........ya may pay half new of a JD for a belarus, at the end of its economic life may be worth stuff all, but ya might find you took less of a dive on the belarus then the green one in the same application.......who knows

newer deutz's?...........earlier agriplus's had the typical SAME issues, the mk-2 mk-3 and latest agtrons are ok, i personally would own a brand new Deutz fahr agtron..........or equivalent SAME iron

having trouble finding parts

my friend will help you , he is in canada, and deals in canada and america, brings parts in for harder to find tractors

http://www.sphosting.com/dsl/index.html

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)