AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Answers to our oil woes
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Market TalkMessage format

WYDave
Posted 5/7/2008 20:07 (#373290 - in reply to #373279)
Subject: RE: Answers to our oil woes

Wyoming

How 'bout this:

"Today, I directed the Attorney General to open a RICO investigation into several environmental groups who have been using false information about the energy and other industries to hurt the American consumer at the same time they enrich themselves from contributions from gullible people and charitable trusts. These groups have also used the threat of lawsuits in federal court to extract contributions and donations out of American corporations. This latter action meets the definition of racketeering.

I also signed a presidential directive to ask the Department of Defense to identify unused military reservations suitable for the construction of a refinery for diesel fuel, jet fuel, lubricants and other pretroleum products used by our military, to provide a reliable source of fuels vital to our military's operations. After the proper location has been identified, the Department of Defense is directed to build a refinery capable of producing all the finished fuels used by our military in times of combat by 2011.

Lastly, I have directed the EPA to review diesel emissions standards and use peer reviewed science to construct suitable diesel emissions standards for automobiles, with special attention to insuring that our standards do not exclude or inhibit the acceptance of modern automobiles using diesel fuel. For too long, our diesel emissions standards have been warped by the interference from the extreme evironmental activists of California, resulting in barriers to the introduction of highly efficient diesel automobiles from European, Japanese and US auto manufactures that are capable of over 40 MPG fuel efficiency now."

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)