AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Talked to a banker.....
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Market TalkMessage format

deeregod
Posted 1/25/2015 09:01 (#4336400 - in reply to #4332820)
Subject: RE: Grain values drop in Half

Pawnee,gage county, neb
Tara Farms - 1/23/2015 14:04

First off what does the value of my Marketing's have to do with the current value of land ?? If I had 1 million bushels of $8.00 corn hedges on it makes no difference as to the value of the land under todays pricing scenario. Just has it would not matter to the landowners if I had it all sold at $1.50 per bushel do you really thing that they would rent their ground out cheaper because I was oversold at lower prices ???

btw My marketings are pretty much an open book around here they are discussed in real time and generally I get ripped pretty good when I announce them ( that Perma Bear thingy ) and then when they work out as planned I get told I could not really have done what I stated I was doing. If you have followed along as they were announced you than are aware that the plan is doing pretty good.

So I will ask you Just if Grain prices drop by half again are you still going to be paying what you paid two years ago???
Yes, if there's any remaining years left on contract to rent the ground at that price, why wouldn't a person if that's what they legally agreed to do ?
TIA
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)