AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Talked to a banker.....
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Market TalkMessage format

Tara Farms
Posted 1/23/2015 15:23 (#4332854 - in reply to #4332689)
Subject: RE: Grain values drop in Half

Red River Valley
Pony I would venture that less than 1 in 100,000 have a second a contract worth $7.00 cash for 2015

the run up in 2012 was all about the front months not sure the dec 12 month ever got above $7.00 and I am positive nothing beyond 13 ever saw $7.00

Pretty confidant that the only way you were going to get a $7.00 contract through to 2014 was to sell the July 2012 corn and hold onto it in to delivery period ( very late ) as the Inversion crashed than roll to dec. 12 at even than roll to July 13 hold till the inversion melted to a very small number ( again late into the delivery period ) than roll to the Dec. 13 and do it one more time through Dec. 14 one thin is that if you got to the July Dec roll in 14 there was carry so you did not have to get to the white knuckle time to roll.

The probability of having a grain dealer that would let you roll July 2012 to Dec. 2014 and then to March of 15 is very, very near zero and this comes from a guy who has been told I could not get contracts rolled through one calendar year, which was double but took a lot of meeting, talking and hand holding.

With the Inversion that were in play in 2012 not sure that even $6.00 contracts would have been available for 2015
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)