AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Wagons vs Dump trailers.
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

Tim Cooke
Posted 8/3/2006 20:03 (#32360 - in reply to #32338)
Subject: Yeah, team.

Nothing like being almost hit by a 130,000lb truck while getting a ticket for 84000lb.

If you look at the roads you can see what direction the coal is hauled. Southbound lane of the major road here is a mess. Northbound is like new. That is the side all those overwt. 84000lb grain trucks run on.

Only thing worst than a 100+ truck running down the road is a stopping 100+ truck. Area under the stoplight where they turn in is "rolled" and has "runts" so deep small cars drag. They have ground the pavement down so many times it becomes a lake when it rains.

Did I mention the only way to get 120K on a truck is to stack it up way over the sides? Windshields are getting knocked out at an alarming rate here. We all pick up the extra insurance cost of this. Best part is they claim the load is under tarp when they get to court. This is totally funny to me. They use those auto tarps with the mess material. It only covers about half the load, but the Judges eat it up as being a reasonable safety measure. Most of it is a road hazard. If it hits the road before the car you are out of luck.

Another piece of information. If all the coal is being hauled by one company they only have to worry about a limited number of fines. The DOT has been warned by the Judges that they look to be picking on the company if they have an excessive amount of tickets written to one company during the day or week. So after the first ticket, they have little fear of being checked again for a while.

Total cost to reward? It would be interesting to see.

Now why can't they find coal on me. I am sure it would change my view. (:

Tim

Edited by Tim Cooke 8/3/2006 20:09
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)