AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

For all the anti ethanol haters
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Market TalkMessage format

beh
Posted 5/3/2008 13:39 (#370599 - in reply to #370288)
Subject: Re: For all the anti ethanol haters

Heil Harvesting, Ulysses KS/Limon CO
China is a big player but I still think we are defending the wrong point

Most of the US feels/felt that ethanol is a good thing or it would not be where it is today, but when it is blamed for high food prices--watch out. If we want ethanol to last we darned well better quit focusing on defending it and get our boat in gear and educate the public how little there is of commodity "X" in product "Y" on the store shelf--Am I missing something, does our focus need to be on the defense of the corn price?

The average city person couldn't give a **** less about what you make or I make as long as they do not have the impression that it is effecting their lifestyle--if they would somehow realize that corn isn't the reason corn flakes are up 27% in 2 years, they will care less about the price of corn. They did not know what corn cost when it was 2$.

If we sit here and defend high commodity prices we play right into there game: Food is high because commodity prices are high. And I will still sit here and yell from a mountain top that corn price is where it is largely due to ethanol. I see the export numbers they are great too. Thank you Asia. We NEED them both.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)