AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Straight pipe on 4055?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

Doc Egor
Posted 8/3/2006 23:11 (#32427 - in reply to #32396)
Subject: RE: Straight pipe on 4055?

Mr. Snerdly1 - 8/4/2006 20:58

By the way, if you don't understand HP, the dealer will try to fool you. I once had a 7710, bought new, and the dealer had it on the dyno. I believe it pulled about 140 hp. The mechanic running the dyno wanted to impress me and lugged it down to 1700 rpm, showed me the indicated hp on the dyno, I can't remember for sure what it was, seems somewhere around 190 hp and thought he had really shown me JD power. I told him I didn't know how much hp it actually had, but it sure as hell wasn't what he said. He was confusing HP with torque, or he thought he could fool me into believing it. Most of this big hp talk is complete BS.

The only accurate way to use a dyno is as follows.
The tractor must run the factory rated speed @ high idle (that is throttle fully open with no load).
The tractor is then pulled down to the factory rated speed and the horsepower must be read at that point.

If the tractor runs a speed other then the factory rated speed for high idle and/or the dyno pulls the tractor down to a speed other then the factory rated one the test results are invalid.

If a guy wants to screw around I can make my dyno show my stock M farmall making 110hp....lol
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)