AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Allis Chalmer 333 planter
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

Red Paint
Posted 12/23/2014 07:49 (#4259354 - in reply to #4258422)
Subject: RE: Allis Chalmer 333 planter

SW “Ohia”
My main planter is an Allis 333 with Model-71 units. Mine is set up on 18" spacing with seven units on the frame. My units are very early as they still use ag-chain instead of roller chain on the drive sprockets.

As everyone else has said, these planters are limited in their no-till ability. I usually drag a harrowgator across the ground before planting so the seed trench will close. The single packing wheel in the back is not very effective.

I was just an auction last week where a mint 333 with Model-78 air units sold. It was a 6-row on 36" spacing, (so it could have been turned into a 11-row 18" bean planters easily) with dry fertilizer and markers. Original owner and always kept inside. Had a monitor system too. Sold for $750. I would have bought it if we weren't so far from home with no way to move it.

The later units (Model-78 "Air Champ") are almost exactly like those found on the Deutz-Allis planters that replaced the 333. Those units with gauges wheels and vertical seed plates will rival a JD 7000 or White 5100 if properly maintained.

Regardless, I paid $300 for my planter and couldn't be happier. It was either this, or borrow Dad's Van Brunt drill for my first few years. Eventually I would like to buy a newer planter, but this one will pay the bills until then.

Edited by Red Paint 12/23/2014 07:50

(2014 5520 with Planter.JPG)

Attachments
----------------
Attachments 2014 5520 with Planter.JPG (212KB - 573 downloads)
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)