AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Allow me to ask a stupid autosteer question
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

biggrntractor
Posted 12/23/2014 08:12 (#4259418 - in reply to #4259242)
Subject: RE: Allow me to ask a stupid autosteer question

Northern Illinois

We rip with 2 tractors with 22.5' rippers pulling 25' PT crumblers. Tractors both have Pro 700 displays and 372 receivers on WAAS. Not a CaseIH fan but this works pretty good. Both tractors run the same heading and run a 22' spacing. 1st tractor starts and skips a pass and the second one fills in. Also with one tractor running you can work to the other end or back of the field and work back on your skips to the field entrance.

Years ago autosteer on a ripper was the biggest payback for the cost of the AMS equipment. We had a retired gent. running a 730B we were pulling with a JD 9300. He wanted to do a good job and not and have any skips or corn stalks showing. He all but ran the outside shank on the return pass in the same slice that it made in the previous pass down the field. In a perfect world in a perfect situation the 730B was 7 shank at 30" spacing would equate to a 210" pass. Overlaping  the 1 pass you lose 30" or 14%. That year he worked about 3000 ac. If you took 14% of that he worked a additional 420 ac. If you put a number to it, like 20.00 p/ac it adds up to money. I know this sounds like BS on a AMS brochure but it makes you think. Plus all the other operator issues to think about.

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)