AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Allow me to ask a stupid autosteer question
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

hf213
Posted 12/23/2014 06:58 (#4259242 - in reply to #4258367)
Subject: RE: Allow me to ask a stupid autosteer question

As all the above, my answer to question is yes.
I too mainly use WAAS, as far as autosteer goes, YOU CAN HAVE IT !!!!!!

when you pry my cold dead fingers from it :-) , amazing how efficient you will be, wont be tired, you'll watch your implements and its settings more, you'll watch your monitors and gauges more, you'll watch wildlife more, I read my tractor house and truckpaper a lot when doing tillage ( doesn't look like I am watching my implements here does it hahahah but you still do ) , I think I eat and drink more too LOL., definitely easier eating pistachios and peanuts.

back to your question, with my spreader truck and doing lime, my spinners limit me to 30 ft and its harder for me to come right back into the next turn, I can do it, but it SOOOO much easier to skip a swath and come back and fill in.
I used to landplane a fair amount, and at night when the wind would die down it would be so dusty, it would be like driving in thick fog, I usually make 2 perimeter passes around a field 1st then back and forth in lands, time and fuel savings added up, as well as safety, because with my mapping , I always knew where the boundarys ( like a ditch ) was on the ends.

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)