AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Propane forklift won't start--imagine that .
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

OHKen
Posted 12/22/2014 18:37 (#4258155)
Subject: Propane forklift won't start--imagine that .

Ohio
First off have done a search and got some good info , but this one has me stumped . It is an older machine , with Continental flat head . What I have done , Complete tune up . Points , condenser , rotor , cap , new coil and plugs . Has good spark . New head gasket and milled head . Rebuilt vaporizer , rebuilt carb. . Rebuilt starter and new ends on cables . Fresh oil change . Coolant is in the vaporizer .The electric solenoid above the vaporizer kicks off and on . The vapoizer is the kind that has the spring loaded button , this button when held in will pulse in and out when the engine is cranking .What it is doing is , acting like it wants to go on about 2 cylinders , but just can't get the others to lite and the gas pedal pressed all the way down . It is setting outside and tomorrow I will pour hot water on the vaporizer . What I don't understand is either has absolutely no effect . Timing the little piece of crap has to be a by ear thing . Will putting a new vaporizer on it help ? Goodness knows I've throwed everything else at it . 40 degrees to me is not cold , the way the thing is acting , you would think it is 30 below . TIA
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)