AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

9760 Updates
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

Jim Dayton
Posted 8/2/2006 23:24 (#32142 - in reply to #31742)
Subject: RE: 9760 Updates

Shoal Lake, Manitoba, Canada
I ordered my 2005 - 9760 with the sidehill kit for the shoe, once again Deere is the winner, couldn't see it did any good.

I've bought an adjustable pre-cleaner. If you shut the bottom sieve and still get whitecaps in the tank they have to be coming thru the pre-cleaner. And yes, I agree they should have been threshed out at the front.

Have bought the agitators for the air discharge chutes on the shoe and a new pan that runs
ahead from under the discharge beater. Deere changed the slope of this pan at the back end to hopefully stop the material that comes through the discharge beater grate from building up and breaking the rear end of the pan off. In flax I've had to unplug it every
second hopper.

Never did like the unloading auger spout, replaced it with a Calmar. It has extensions that
can be added when unloading small seed like Canola and Flax on windy days, and it sends
the grain straight down instead of out at an angle, Deere's answer to a longer unload auger.

Will be using the Deere AutoTrac system with the SF2 signal. May as well use as much of the 30' as possible.

Jim

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)