AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

solar charger size for electric murphy switch
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

no juice
Posted 8/2/2006 10:54 (#31948 - in reply to #31843)
Subject: RE: alternator questions

Thanks Gerald,
I will look into a Leece neville alt. next time I see somebody who runs trucks and or has a tree line full of junk.
I do believe the Deutsch engine has a pretty large pully area on crank to turn those old generators. The generators had BIG pullys on them too. SO ifI put the largest pully known to man on the alternator it should slow it down a bunch, right? It varies as to how many rpm's it turns depending on which brand of pivot it is pumping for that day(choice of three shorties) but any of them ,it should run fast enough to charge the little it needs. How hard would it be to weld a pulley on the driveshaft and forget the engine pulley, saying that because the belt gets chewed up and always ends up underneath the fan belt on the air cooled motor and THAT doesnt work!! Would also avoid most vibration and some of the diesel black it runs in. Alternator is right beside the crankcase vent!

If I went back to the original generator would a electric motor shop be the place to get it fixed? They were so undependable tho!!
Thanks for responding Gerald!!!
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)