AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Update on my radar and EZ setup questions
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

plowboy
Posted 4/19/2008 23:21 (#361584)
Subject: Update on my radar and EZ setup questions

Brazilton KS

We've been to the field with everything and everything is working now.  Thanks to Ted for getting me straightened out on the Raven radar cable pinout.  That was part 1 of the problem.  Part 2 was that I was unaware that the Big John controller cuts the speed input off when the implement is locked out by the implement switch.  Thanks to Gary and Carl at Titan for getting me straightened out on that.  Part 3 was that the cable to one of said implement switches had been pinched and was intermittently open.  Fortunately it was connecting enough of the time to make me realize I probably had a bad wire somewhere.  On the implement offset, thanks to GPSnut and Mmaxed I got that taken care of.  I am successfully running five sections of hydraulic drive with the EZBoom and that pretty well worked when we drove it out of the shop.

One other little thing we learned this week.....the insulation between the shield and the core of the AgLeader coax is not resistant to temperatures in the 300oF neighborhood.  If it touches the pipe between the turbo and the air-to-air it will melt the wire loom off and cause invisible damage to the cable making it short to ground.  Cut off behind the spot which was warm and made a shorter cable  for use in another tractor.  

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)