AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

I think I'm done with New Holland
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

lfc
Posted 11/13/2014 13:13 (#4175503 - in reply to #4175435)
Subject: RE: I think I'm done with New Holland

CT
It wouldn't slip, but the cable would stick enough that it was impossible to feather the clutch. It was about impossible (and dangerous) to hitch up to anything without fear of slamming into it - I'd keep my foot on the brakes as hard as I could and try to inch back. Every time you took off it was like you were sidestepping the clutch. A few times you could actually take your foot off the clutch and the pedal would stay down. The cable is nothing special really but is plastic lined and is probably not rated for the load that it carries so the plastic sticks, especially when hot. NH knows they have an issue - there was a recall in 2012 to replace a clevis pin that would wear due to burr on the mating hole in the pedal, and then this year in June they issued a service bulletin instructing the dealers to look for cable interference and proper cable routing. None of those things helped with my tractor.

While I like the tractor, I've had more issues with it than the other tractors combined. The radio power leads were backwards, the implement light plug had the left and light turn signal leads backwards, the parking brake handle assembly was loose, the seat track was sloppy, the front drive flange on the FWA input shaft was sloppy and had to be replaced, and the remote valves have never worked properly. The remote bank was finally replaced under warranty but the new valve would stick in the detent position and I'd have to shut the tractor off to get it to snap out. I finally loosened the detent screws all the way and did without. They found some corrosion inside the detent assembly so supposedly that is fixed but I won't know until I use it next haying season.

It has been a lemon from day one. I know this is an inexpensive tractor but I still expect it to function as intended. I should have purchased a used Ford 7740 instead. I would recommend against purchasing a used New Holland TS6000 series, the new TS6 series, or the equivalent Farmall 110A-140A tractors.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)