AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

sms mobile
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

mtbrights
Posted 4/21/2008 11:19 (#362604 - in reply to #361060)
Subject: Re: sms mobile

Carter Montana
I used one to muddle through soil sampling this fall. I went with the Archer chassis they sell. It worked OK but documentation is poor and, like SMS itself, it takes some getting on to. Thank goodness for Luke at AL. Use the menus instead of the icons to start out! Bluetooth GPS is really nice if slow at 1Hz. At 30MPH you can be 100 Ft. past the place where you need to stop way to easy. Battery life was surprisingly poor when sampling for the chassis even after a replacement battery, which wasn't a big deal in my case using a pickup. Seems to last much longer when just using it for PDA stuff. There was value to me to have the PDA functions as I use them alot. I planned on getting a card for internet access but haven't yet.

The chassis and hardware are well built and thought through as those running the Insight are accustomed to. SMS mobile seems to be stable with no "hang ups" experienced. Pretty good utility for being version 1.

I suspect a good class on how to use the unit and Sync to SMS would help me get the most out of it and fill in the blanks. Bringing my soil sampling "in house" will have great value in itself I feel and this looked like one of the better ways for me to do it.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)