AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

I had trouble making Insight identify data card...(pics!!)
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

Ron..NE ILL..10/48
Posted 4/18/2008 07:41 (#360383)
Subject: I had trouble making Insight identify data card...(pics!!)

Chebanse, IL.....

Just passing this experience along, maybe it will help someone else.

We had unpacked a new AL Insight monitor from the box a couple days ago and were transferring data to it from an already existing Insight. However, when I put the data card in the slot & closed the door, the monitor kept saying "Insert data card" (or something like that). I DID insert the card & close the door! I called my friends @ precision dealer, Linco @ El Paso, IL. Corey listened to my story on the phone & asked me to open the card door & look at it. Did I see an open hole in the center of the door? Or-did I see a small round metal magnet in that hole?

I saw only the open hole. He said apparently the magnet had fallen out. They had heard of that before. We searched thru the box & luckily spied the magnet laying in the bottom. Apparently it had fallen out when we opened the card door while the monitor was sitting in the box. I did not see any traces of glue on the magnet, so I applied a drop of silicone sealant, inserted the magnet & then let it dry 24 hrs before using. Works just fine now.

Thanks Corey & Scott @ Linco!

Magnet missing:

Magnet replaced:

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)