AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Tear down old barn?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

OHKen
Posted 11/1/2014 20:18 (#4155821 - in reply to #4155123)
Subject: RE: Tear down old barn?

Ohio
Your pictures of the mow show a main support beam , running from side to side . The beam that your lights are on . What is the dimension from the bottom of the beam to the concrete ? The beam that I don't like is the vertical beam that appears to be about 6' or 8' off of the outside wall .The ones on both sides that extends thru the mow floor to the ground . If you could live with them in the present locations , that barn would be a piece of cake to cable truss and remove the mow floor . The positives I see are a very square and straight building , a very good roof and a good concrete foundation . On the side that has the vertical beams , that side could be dedicated for a bench and tooling . I have a barn that we cable trussed and gutted and it has served us well for 25 years . If you can do most of the work , it is viable . Would it qualify for any barn restoration tax breaks ? Will you out grow it ? What won't you outgrow and could you at that time repurpose ? Reedit I took another look at your pics and the vertical beam that gives me reservations , could easily be cabled out too . Your barn resembles are frame very much .
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)