AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Oil question for Canuck farmers
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

Larry in AB
Posted 7/30/2006 17:21 (#31239)
Subject: Oil question for Canuck farmers

Alberta, Canada
I was at the local Canadian Tire the other day and noticed they had some Motomaster 15W-40 , THD trans oil, and 80w-90 in 20 liter pails for........$33!! I had just been at my local UFA where I buy a fair bit of oil and they want $58 a pail and the local Esso wants $60.

Now typically I buy my oil from my local AGCO dealer when they have it on sale in the spring in barrels

I asked the store "guy" why is the oil so cheap in the 20 liter pails compared to the 4 liter jugs?? He didnt' have answer other than well you're buying in bulk.

I was thinking it was "old stock" that has been sitting since before the oil went thorough the roof.

Esso used to package CT's oil at one time back in the 90's. I've used the automotive gas engine oils for years in my autos with no problems but their oil in the 1 to 4 liter containers is comparable in price with the rest etc.

I bought some 15-40 for my old CASE tractors to try out this summer and it seems ok.

Just wondering if anyone else is using it or if prices are not all the same everywhere.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)