AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Insight Seed Command Electric Problems!!!!
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

bo42ku
Posted 4/15/2008 21:46 (#358801)
Subject: Insight Seed Command Electric Problems!!!!

Boy do I get all the fun ones.

Insight Seed Command Electric clutch new install on Allis Chalmers tractor and white planter with 4 one year old tru-count clutches. Hooked up Insight and can only get clutch number one to turn on and off. 2-4 will turn on the 1st time but will not click back off. We are powering Insight and high pwr cable for clutches on a John Deere power strip, but have tried running pwr leads straight to the battery.

Things I have tried and the list is long:
configuring clutches in Insight
updating firmware on Insight and Clutch control module
replaced Clutch control module
ran 4 new Agleader cables to each clutch
replaced high pwr cable running from battery to CCM
replaced pwr from battery to Insight harness
replaced relay on Insight harness
replaced clutch wireing harness at CCM (the one with all the weather packs on it)
created a new configuration
mapped switches in Insight
there is a ground wire on the Insight can harness and we even ran a jumper wire all the way to the battery for grnd to make sure we were getting good ground at that wire.
checked voltage at high pwr cable coming from pwr strip = 12V
checked voltage at module = 12V
with switch on we get 5V- this confuses me, why wouldn't this be at 0V
out of each weather pack end on CCM we get 12V constant checking A to B on weather pack. This never changes with switch on of off
and the list goes on

We hooked Tru-Count control box back up to clutches and it works fine. Was on the phone with AgLeader about all day and still no luck.

Some things that have me confused:
Why can we get 1 clutch to work and not the other three?
At the clutches we have 12volts when switch is off and 5 volts when switch is on. Shouldn't this be 0 volts with switch off? From what AgLeader is saying, the Insight switches on the grnd side. Tru-Count switches on the hot side. But we are still getting a 5 V readout at the minimum so it is not completely grnded.
If I flip flop sec. 1 and 2 I still can only get the first clutch to engage.

I haven't tried switching out Aux module, switch box or Insight can/cab harness yet. I can't see why these would have anything to do with my problem.

Has anyone ever run into something like this? Any suggestions as to where to troubleshoot next? I am rambling, but at the end of my rope! Not sure what to think here.

Hope someone can help.

bo42ku

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)