AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

97 powerstroke is stalling
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

wurtzy
Posted 7/29/2006 14:59 (#30924)
Subject: 97 powerstroke is stalling

Valley, NE
got 97 f-250 supercab 4x4 long box 7.3 powerstroke automatic...........couple of days ago, i passed a semi and got on her pretty good, right when i got in front, i started loosing power and the truck was sputtering and shaking reall bad, till it eventually crawled to a dead stop........jumped out poped the hood, nothing leaking or looked out of ordinary, jumped basck in the truck and she fired right up, no problem.........

today i passed some bicyclers, didnt even get on her real hard but she did downshift (automatic tranny) around 50-55mph out of overdrive, again about 1/4 down the road she lost power and started spitting and sputtering and eventually died, and again she fired right back up no problem...............

i think i have some sort of sensor going bad; possibly the cam sensor???????? i dont really feel like taking it to a shop to hook it up to a machine to tell me which sensor i could put in myself.....................

what do you guys think??? the truck has 153000 miles if this helps..............and it doesnt always do it all the time just here and there.........i dont usually hammer it, but sometimes i give the reins and spurr her

thanks
wurtzy
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)