AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

John Deere Parts Catalog website
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

illinois-kris
Posted 9/29/2014 00:25 (#4098842)
Subject: John Deere Parts Catalog website

IL
Saw the post below on Deere parts apps and was wondering if there was anything better out there for the PC? Seems like it takes hours of scrolling through, resizing pictures, and writing down parts numbers. Feel like I've been banging my head off the wall for hours by the time I'm done. Running a mixed fleet and know that Deere has to have something better than what I'm using to look up parts because other manufacturers have it available.

This is the site I have been using http://jdpc.deere.com/jdpc/servlet/com.deere.u90490.partscatalog.vi...
Top of the page Bottom of the page
balefire
Posted 9/29/2014 06:15 (#4098925 - in reply to #4098842)
Subject: RE: John Deere Parts Catalog website

Oxford County, ON
I find Deere's parts site to be far easier to use than the others. Can I ask why you are writing part numbers down all the time?

I like being able to open the picture in a separate window to see more detail. The other sites give you such a small window, if you zoom in you lose 3/4 of the picture. We've done some pretty complicated repairs just by printing off a couple of parts breakdowns from the JD site.
The inventory and prices are easily found in the 'shopping cart' page, with other mfg sites it's rare to find any of that info. You don't even have to call the dealer if you don't want to, you can complete the electronic order and your order goes to the parts dept and they process it. You can even add comments for them if you choose.

Edited by balefire 9/29/2014 06:19
jd43
Posted 9/29/2014 06:26 (#4098946 - in reply to #4098925)

Northeastern Pa.
I really like it and use it all the time. Just print out the page and numbers. Sounds like you are not familiar with it yet. I have parts books for some of our equip. but the parts site is quicker and you can see if the dealer has it in stock. You can also change your dealer name and see if another dealer has it. Always switching between local dealer and the next closest one 50 miles away. They seem to always have what I need vs. the dealer 10 miles from me. The price/inventory page also has option of JD or A&I parts for some things. Just got an A&I tie rod for a 2940. It was $40.00 less and looks like the original but with an off color green paint. Good luck.
deereonly1
Posted 9/29/2014 06:44 (#4098972 - in reply to #4098946)

EC IL
I use that page often and find it much easier and more handy than any other brand of machinery I work on.
sandhillsam
Posted 9/29/2014 07:43 (#4099068 - in reply to #4098842)

NW Oklahoma

Click on drop down menu next to where it says fit image. Then click on illustration and a new window will pop up so you can see parts diagram without having to resize image.

clevepreach
Posted 9/29/2014 21:33 (#4100196 - in reply to #4099068)

Cleveland, MS. Own small farm near Booneville, MS
+1 On the drop down menu where it says "Print Selector" choose "Illustration" or "Illustration and key lines" and the picture will open in a new window. You can take it to "Maximize" and see the details in the picture.
ronm
Posted 9/30/2014 12:02 (#4101077 - in reply to #4099068)

Fruita CO
You can click on the border of the pic & drag it bigger...it will cover up the other windows though.
ronm
Posted 9/29/2014 09:18 (#4099191 - in reply to #4098842)

Fruita CO
Have you registered with JD? Once you register, you have to sign in with a password & choose a dealer. Then you can order parts online from your dealer, pick them up or have them shipped, whatever you want...drop it in a cart & check out, never write anything down...took a while to get it figured out, but once you do it works.
With the inexperienced part guys the dealer here has right now, I never have to call & talk to them, just order it & they call when it comes in...
pete37921x
Posted 9/29/2014 10:44 (#4099271 - in reply to #4099191)

NE SD

That's the best part !   Never need to talk to the clock puncher !   AND get parts

Love jdparts

illinois-kris
Posted 9/29/2014 12:05 (#4099367 - in reply to #4099191)

IL
I haven't registered or set up a login on their site. Does it open into a different format once you set up a username/login? I'm more accustomed to the "Case IH my shed" program that takes 30 seconds or less to have parts ordered. I used to write down the parts numbers off the website to check a certain parts person at the dealership who has handed me incorrect parts enough times that I am skeptical. Because of that I now call in parts orders to a dealership 45min away instead of the dealership 3 miles from the farm so I want to double check parts numbers they come up with before placing an order and driving. Would make more sense if someone at the dealership would have told me about having a login.
hogbear
Posted 9/29/2014 14:34 (#4099524 - in reply to #4099367)

Madison, Fl
The dealer uses the same site only difference is that they can type in keywords and area to simply. Great thing with my deere parts guy is he delivers to my farm 10- 15 % cheaper than I can drive to closer dealer that treats me like I am lucky they are willing to help.
pete37921x
Posted 9/30/2014 09:12 (#4100843 - in reply to #4099367)

NE SD

Once you set up an account when you look up parts you can create a cart to have them all together with prices, cart can be deleted. Do not know caseih, but like the Deer site as what I see is the same as parts guyt

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)