AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Dust off your crystal balls
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

Posted 7/30/2006 17:22 (#31241 - in reply to #31229)
Subject: RE: Dust off your crystal balls

From what I see in the local market Deere will be around for some time. The local dealer had two dealerships and they have joined with eight others to form a very large dealership. I think the salesman said they would be the second or third largest Deere dealer now. He said that Deere told them that the market is changing and that much of the ag business is going away except for the very large farms in the midwest mostly. He said that the trend is toward small ranchettes that will use compact and utility tractors. He said that the best selling tractors they have at this time is the 5003 models! Deere has told them that having very large dealers will help spread the risk over a larger area. He also said that Deere is more worried about competition from Kubota than they are from CNH or Agco. Something else he said was that Deere had more market share in the U.S. than CNH and Agco combined. I don't know if that is true or not but from the trips that I have made over the country in the last few years I would tend to believe that it is true. I do know that CNH has very little presence in the local market and has closed two dealers in the last few years.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)