AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Dust off your crystal balls
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

The Big One
Posted 7/28/2006 17:34 (#30687)
Subject: Dust off your crystal balls

I have the good fortune of being in contact with several people in the Ag industry every day. This leads to a lot of exchanges of information by the end of the week. Some of the best discussions I have had have been over who is buying whom, or who will merge with whom in the machinery manufacturing business.
What I’m looking for is your best guesses to this question and why. I’m not out to start a big color war but would appreciate some intelligent ideas why or why not companies will come or go.

Strange things can and do happen. Some of these things are a complete surprise. I’ll throw out the first example. When Caterpillar sold off the rights to the Challenger tractor. Very few seen this change coming and this one created quite a lot of guessing as to what would happen down the road. As we all know now very little has changed for the buyer. The product is sold and serviced by the same dealer most everywhere. The quality by my guess is about the same. The biggest thing to change was the addition of several Agco products painted to match and sharing the Challenger name.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)