AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Splitter cable off EZ-Guide 500
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

tedbear
Posted 4/10/2008 01:29 (#354145 - in reply to #354123)
Subject: More

Near Intersection of I-35 & I-90 Southern Mn.
alange is correct.

You mention the desire for an external remote run/hold switch for EZ-boom. If you are using the EZ-Boom with a Raven console cable, you will notice an Orange and an Orange/white wire sticking out of the Raven harness. If a Raven console were being used, those two wires can be attached to a common switch (SPST) to be used as a Remote Run/hold switch.

Trimble has wired the EZ-Boom to make use of those wires also. Extending those wires and connecting them to a switch will allow this new switch to act as the Master. The built in Master switch or this new switch can be used to turn the system ON for application. The switches are wired in parallel so if either switch is ON, then application will take place. If you plan on using the new switch only, then always leave the Master on the EZ-Boom in the OFF position.

You mentioned the desire to have the application start/stop automatically. I assume this is a planting situation and you wish to have the fertilizer stop/start with raising/lowering the planter.

An implement switch could be attached to the Orange and Orange/white pair that I mention above. The switch would need to be arranged so that it completes the circuit when the planter is down in the planting position. I would also put a common switch in this line in series with the implement switch so that you can override the implement switch setting if the need should arise. This switch would allow you to shut off the fertilizer even if the planter is down.

This should allow for a pretty smooth system as the fertilizer and seed should start/stop together as you raise or lower the planter. Once you are online, you can engage the EZ-Steer to steer for you. The Onscreen map will be correct since it is being controlled by the EZ-Boom.

The three pole weatherpak connector in your photo would be used for radar speed out (to your planter population monitor if desired) or to control the Coverage Map. The coverage map does not apply to you since you have EZ-Boom and it will take care of the map. The coverage map that is controlled by two of these wires is for situations where EZ-Boom is not connected and a simple coverage map is desired.

Edited by tedbear 4/10/2008 07:41
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)