AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Which software would be best for me?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

Ray (ecks)
Posted 8/4/2006 23:05 (#32764 - in reply to #30589)
Subject: RE: Which software would be best for me?

I've used Farmworks and Mapshots. Personally I prefer Mapshots. I'm like you we use QB for our financial records and I really don't want to tie my finacials to my field record keeping. Mapshots EasiSuite will allow you to enter all your field operations assign costs to them as well as inputs and split landlord shares. It will also let you enter your scale tickets etc from each field or farm. I am still learning all the things it can do. They just recently revamped their handheld program and although I've not tried to use that part of it yet I think they have something that will be very useful.

Go to each website and look at the support pages for each product. By looking at the questions you can sometimes figure out where the shortcomings are. I've got nothing against Farmworks, they have great people there, but I just didn't want to have to enter a chemical that I purchased before I could expense it out to landlords and that sort of thing. EasiSuite will also let you change the price you bill a landlord for a product so you can adjust for those landlords who you just pass on the cost and those who you bill at retail when you buy bulk for your own use. We've got some landlords who pay early and we pass on the cash discounts and others who want us to carry them until harvest and we price their inputs at retail to make up for the interest lost.

I've never used SST, the last time I looked they couldn't tie expenses to the crop inputs, and I'm not talking about your financial records, just costs per acre. I've had Ag Leader products before and although they have decent equipment I think they are lacking on the software side. It may be alright for mapping, but any other sort of record keeping lacks a lot from what I have seen. I would say they are the hardest and least helpful group to get along with when it comes to customer support as far as I am concerned. If only they were half as concerned about making a product work as they are about making sure they charge you for support services.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)