AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Any body out their start farming from scratch.
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

Chris 924
Posted 9/15/2014 05:43 (#4075083 - in reply to #4075036)
Subject: RE: Any body out their start farming from scratch.

Nova Scotia
I bought the family farm off the bank in 2003 ,like properly off the bank, going to auction in a couple weeks, I look back at it some days and think I should have let it sell as it would have been way cheaper for me to start somewhere else rather than eat a bunch of debt that wasn't mine, but that's the path I chose,
Did alot of custom work, alot! And snowplowed, alot! My first tractor was a 7820 I bought a year
before my dad lost the farm, I had it for my snow plowing contracts, I worked the balls off that thing, I never shut off, was all I had, I looked pretty funny out tedding and raking hay with it, don't think either piece of gear was wider than the tractor,.

But I got the farm back then some gear then started to grow, took all the money I made and put it back into the farm keep growing building my own little empire, started at 0 acres, got the farm 300 acres, and now I farm around 2300 acres, don't ever slow down and never let off the gas, work, I can slow down when I'm older I never want what happened to my dad to happen to me , don't give up, and above all else whatever you do make sure the roi is good on it, don't be afraid to spend along and it makes more on the return, and for God sakes don't ever worry about what the neighbour's are doing or think stays focused on your operation and what works for you
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)