AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

waseca strip till show
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

york
Posted 7/29/2006 14:47 (#30921 - in reply to #30845)
Subject: RE: Hybrids used changes that.

I'm not talking about past but using todays hybrids and get some interesting changes. And I can tell you we have two identical cobs the same size then the cob a single cob plant get's.
There are things which have to be changed in management, especialy in fertilising, but it is achivable.
Sticky soils: I can ashure you that we have them as well. So stick, you get just 3 drops of water and you walk the field with the double of yous shoe size. OM well above 10 %, river bottom etc..
Heat units: in the area's I'm talking about 40 or even 30 years corn wasn't a crop. Maybe for silage but not for grain. And we are happy when we can harvest with below 30% moisture in the kernels. Planting: Not before 15th of April, more likly in the first half of May. Harvest? If you are lucky and don't get early frost in autum you can start combining late September, but we have had also late Oktober for starting the harvest, not silage but kernels.

I have decided for myself to have the sentence: "Does work. It's not working on my place" to eliminate. as long as I have that in my mind, even in organising my office, I will not find the easiest solution.

York
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)