AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Ez-Guide 500 and Topcon base Station
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

paulmac
Posted 4/8/2008 11:37 (#352699)
Subject: Ez-Guide 500 and Topcon base Station

Australia
Just got my first guidance system, Ez-Guide 500 + Ez-Steer (still in the post!) and was wondering if I can use the signal from a Topcon Hiper-AG RTK Mobile Base Station for 2cm accuracy. I have a neighbour who has just put up a tower and my farm happens to be in-between his farms and right next to the base station. I assume I would need the Topcon Map-HP RTK Rover to receive the signal, but can the ez-guide accept the input from the rover??
As I'm in Australia, there's no WAAS/EGNOS so am currently running on autonomous correction, but there's drift after 15-30 minutes. Still, it's ok for spreader and spraying for now, but I would like to put it into my airseeder too ( 42ft Eez-on), but want more accuracy for that. Don't like the idea of paying subs to Omnistar so I am hoping I can use the base Station.

If it can work, does anyone know of where I can buy the Topcon Map-HP RTK Rover in the US or Canada and what price they are? I bought my ez-guide from the US for AU$2,907 and ez-steer from Canada for AU$3,667 because it would have cost me AU$10,500 in Australia!! So I don't mine buying out of Australia if I can save THAT much!

Anyway, hope someone can help. Thanks

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)