AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

DG N AL/Tedbear - Direct Command SPX 31xx ?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

DG N. AL
Posted 4/6/2008 23:04 (#351477 - in reply to #351423)
Subject: RE: DG N AL/Tedbear - Direct Command SPX 31xx ?

Hillsboro, AL

There are 2 possible  Raven harnesses in that sprayer.  One allows the use of  the fence row nozzle (and you may have that harness even  though you don't have a the fence row nozzle).  If you have that harness, the Insight cannot control section 1 without some rewiring.  We had fits getting that thing going, but it is working fine now.

We used a universal boom harness from Agleader.  It had spade terminals on it.  We removed the spades and install a 6 poll weather pack and connected to the weather pack under the boom switches that you mentioned.  The harness also had a wire for the master switch.  It teed into the master switch.  The other end of the weather pack remains disconnected and yes you just reconnect it to use the Raven.  When you use this setup, you are actually back feeding the boom valves through the Raven sensing wires.  The problem comes if you have the harness for the fence row nozzle.  The way the OEM harness is designed, the fence row nozzle will not come on unless section 1 is on.  There is a diode in the the section one line that prevents backfeeding of power from the fence row nozzle.  That diode will keep the Insight from feeding power to the section 1 valve hence the section one valve will not open for the Insight.  Ted can explain that better, and I hope you are not totally lost now.

The work around for this is to tap into the section one wire on the Raven harness and on the InSight harness that connects to it to bypass the diode.  The diode appears to be at the connector for the raven harness.  If I remember right, the wire is orange in both harness and it goes the the number 9 socket (I'll verify that tomorrow).  As I said, I tapped both wires and connected them with a weather pack to bypass the diode.  If you go back to the Raven, you just unplug this added weather pack.  If your harness does not support the fence row nozzle, then you will not have to worry about that part.  115-0159-987 is the part number for the fence row nozzle harness.  You should find a number on the harness.  If the harness number is 115-0159-909.

I can't comment on the side kick.  I have no experience there.  To get the floor master to work, you must have a cable that supports it to the AIM.  To use the Raven, you replug the boom switch weatherpack, reconnect the Raven harness to the Raven and unhook the section 1 bypass.

All this assumes that the 3150 and 3185 are wired the same.  I have not seen a 3150.  Our direct command is working like a dream and the auto swath seems to work perfectly.  One tip I will give you.  Your raven flowmeter probably has a cal number something like 685.  Use 68.5 in the Insight.  What ever the number is, move the decimal point to the left one place.  The Raven uses pulses per 10 gals. and the Insight wants pulse per gal. 

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)