AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Raven control valve wiring for bypass
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

tedbear
Posted 4/6/2008 02:20 (#350851 - in reply to #350089)
Subject: Re: Raven control valve wiring for bypass

Near Intersection of I-35 & I-90 Southern Mn.
The above posts are correct. Merely criscrossing the Green & Yellow wires (Raven colors) will reverse the polarity to a Raven motorized control valve (butterfly or ball valve type). The polarity reverser that Raven refers to is simply a short adapter that has a two pole connector on each end where the wires are crisscrossed.

If an Insight with Liquid Direct Command is used this can be programmed into the setup menu. To do this go to the controller setup menu and chose bypass from that menu screen.

The Insight Direct Command system will completely close the control valve down under certain circumstances. For example, when first powering up a system, the control circuit is set to full decrease. This can be a bit confusing until you realize this. When you get to the field you will need to manually open up the valve or drive slowly at first to allow the system to "catch up". This full decrease is done on the initial startup each day. This is not really a problem when you understand what is happening. I assume this is done in the interests of safety.

In my bench testing I have noticed that when an Insight is setup in bypass that the control valve works in the opposite sense as expected. It seemed that the fully decrease concept for startup was not reversed. This has possibly changed with newer versions of firmware.

If it has not been changed, this may actually be benefical since your spray rate would start out "too high" and work its way down.

Edited by tedbear 4/6/2008 02:22
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)