AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Autosteer project: I need an engineer!
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

RedRiverValley
Posted 4/3/2008 22:07 (#349470)
Subject: Autosteer project: I need an engineer!

I am trying to figure out if there would be a way to adapt an autosteer system to a Wolfe 400 tile plow. I think that it should be possible, but I need some expertise to figure it out. The way this thing works is that it is a hydrostatically driven machine, with two big pumps that output to two big motors. I have two levers in the cab, and each lever corresponds with a track; push the levers forward, it moves forward, and vice versa. The electrical system is made by Sauer Danfoss, as are the hydraulics. I understand that the signals that tell the pumps what direction and how much oil to flow are 0-100 mA. I have the electrical schematics for the controllers. What I am thinking, and I may be completely out to lunch, is that I need to figure out what type of outputs come from a typical auto steer system, and then get someone to build a box that will translate that to what my pumps are looking for... i.e. an interface box. Right now I have an Outback S2 system and a GS1 (brown box), but it wouldn't bother me if I had to buy Trimble or something else. If anyone is interested in taking this on, or knows of someone who would, please let me know.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)