AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Cummins to produce light duty/high-performance diesels
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

Posted 7/27/2006 09:35 (#30267 - in reply to #30050)
Subject: Big Deal . . . come on !

Big deal, 30 % increase in fuel ecomomy by end of decade . . . please. Diemler / Chrysler diesel vans can do this now. 30% mpg imporvement of gas engine is only about 3.5 gal . . . not good in my book, or enough to offset the addition retail price of the vehicle. Cummins already has the 3.9 liter - so it shouldn't take much to make that work in SUV's and smaller trks for this "big" 30 % increase in fuel economy. Get us some new technology engines that will blow away what's there now. The VW Jetta would be a close example, now make something that gets 40 - 50 even 60+ mpg's in a suv or pick up, that's something to release a press report on ! I do agree the goverments new emmisions mandates don't help - althought the engine mfgs are not stepping up to the plate with new tech, just adding emmisions filters for added profits for the auto manufactures, instead of makeing an engine that is clean burning and doesn't require emissions filters (how bout more soy - biofuel) for cleaner buring engines and elimanate the filter/converters?
( I feel a little better now)
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)