AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Your thought's on a repair job gone bad
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

Russ In Idaho
Posted 7/27/2006 10:01 (#30279 - in reply to #30176)
Subject: RE:As it stands today

Wow, I sure got a lot of good comments on this issue. I thank everybody for their input. I was able to make it to town yesterday and talk to service manger. We had a good talk, he flat out said he would fix what they broke. But here is where I honestly can't say it broke right then. It could have set in the heat and under pressure it broke. The true fact is, the two surfaces were not totally mated together before bolts were tightened. I happened to be in the shop at the time of installation of the gear box, I was right under the machine helping him slide gear box onto hydro. It fell right into place I thought at the time. It was just the last little 1/4" to 1/8" that it must have bound up.

As we left it, I told them I don't want to stick them with the total thing, but I don't want to be stuck with it either. As I feel it won't last like it is. I told them we will get numbers off the pump, see if we can source a cheap price on pump other than Mac Don. I felt I can maybe finish the season out then, I told them they can fix in off season. If by chance if fails right now they will get right on it. As for paying I told them I'm really open to working with them, I maybe pay parts, they pay labor or trucking to their shop, etc. I just said you don't stick me and I won't stick you! I told them we both need to feel good about the deal, they agreed. I fully expect if the machine goes down in second crop here they will bring me a replacement to finish up with at no charge. I had to smile, as when I told them I really try to be easy to work with, the two parts counter people had to grin a little. Yes, we kept the total conversation very light. A I feel most thing will work themselves out if people will let them. Our industry is a high stress one, and we all need to work together.

As for the tech, I made it a point to go to the shop and say hi to him. I told him I'm not mad, and I truly don't think he knew it was broke when he left that day. I still would have him work on something of mine again. As I told him too I really appreciate how he documents things he does. He used to work for another dealer a couple years ago, and thru his documentation on work order, I was able to prove that dealer was giving me the shaft. In fact I joked a few years ago, thru his documentation I was able to stick it to his corrupt employer.

As it stands I not paying anything right now, it's a wait and see thing. Also thanks for the info. on the MacDon update. The one thing that needs to change in the farm equipment business is the way warranty work, up date's are handled. They need to do just like the automotive industry does it. Thanks again.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)