AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

How much will harvested acres drop?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Market TalkMessage format

JonSCKs
Posted 7/31/2014 11:24 (#3994814 - in reply to #3994796)
Subject: Yipper.. we agree.

.. It is clear that certain areas of IL will have record yields but I do not think  (based on KSU vegatation maps and current forecasts and several key areas getting less than 75% of normal rainfall the past 30 days) that IL, IN and OH can carry us to a yield anywhere above 170.

Just my thoughts and these are NOT what I expect USDA to show in the August 12th report which I feel could be the most bearish report of the year for corn.

Spot on.  Well said and that is what I'm looking for also..  The basis here in the SW (southwest) is still pretty buoyant.. with numerous places (out in the panhandles) over $4.50 for cash corn TODAY..  So truck freight is working.. Corn out.. Wheaties back.. to fill these black holes.  Couple that with a cooler summer and now a later harvest.. NOT going to be AS MUCH QUANTITATIVE Corn demand THIS Year.. (14/15 corn harvested in the 13/14 crop year..) as LAST YEAR.. see Southern acreage declines above.. COUPLED with less $$$ offered to get it FROM Point A TO Point B..

Heck there's been a $2.50+ differential all summer from the Dakota's to the Panhandles.. and they STILL haven't closed that...???

Back to your other good point... THIS.. is growing...

Current U.S. Drought Monitor

We're sluffing off the 2nd ear first.. then we're gonna shorten ear fill etc UNTIL it rains.. cool temps will help.. Afterall we WILL produce MORE than last year's 158... but 170..???????

Slipping away fast...

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)