AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

EZ-Guide 500 inaccuracy problem and bug (firmware version 3.00)
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

bigg
Posted 4/1/2008 06:09 (#347086)
Subject: EZ-Guide 500 inaccuracy problem and bug (firmware version 3.00)

Hi.

There are a lot of issues to address. Please use my numbering when you answer.

1. Firmware 3.00 bug.
In headlands mode when you set up everything (impl. width, field and so on) and enter the map screen, EZ-guide 500 tells you to "press OK to start headland". When you press OK, it tells you to "press OK to set point A" (in A+ mode, the set point B in AB mode). Then it tells you "press OK to end headland". What is the function of this icon? If we approach the headland starting point after driving the whole headland, it ends anyway.
And here is the bug. When I press OK to end headland, EZ-guide tells me once again "press OK to start headland", then "press OK to set point A", but there is "no point A icon" on the screen, only the icon starting headland. So, basically you enter branch of execution of the firmware, and there is no way out. After ending headland, you can't start it again, although the messages on the screen say otherwise.
By "EZ-guide tells you to" I mean the hint messages displayed at the bottom of the screen. By pressing OK, I mean that you press OK when you the appropriate icon is selected - which s usually selected automatically by EZ-guide.
Hope I explained everything clearly.
How do you report such a bug?

2. Inaccuracy.
We bought EZ-guide 500 two months ago, and after installation just assumed that it is going to work. While trying EZ-guide in the field, we never measured if pass-to-pass width is within the set implement width. My mistake.
Now, we started the real work in the field and... bummer.
After driving the first, reference pass in headland mode we started another pass (this time it was guided). Pass-to-pass width was 14 meters at the beginning (supposed to be 12 meters), but the it came down to 6 meters. And then the behaviour was similarly erratic.
So it looks like it is GPS fault because on the scrren everything seemed to work fine.
How do you cope with something like that? What checks should be made? What may be the causes?
My ideas:
GPS- related

a) The antenna cable may be not contacting/is broken. Could this cause something like that? How do you check it?

b) The antenna (Ag15 antenna) is slightly tilted forward, and has slightly obstructed view by the rear roof (about 10 degrees above horison is not visible at the rear direction). It shouldn' really matter though.

c) Someone wrote that setting EZ-guide to receive corrections from only one satellite is better than receiving from many satellites, because there may be position jumps. Maybe that is the case here, but I doubt that - the error appears gradually. EZ-guide detects one satellite, then is constantly searching for another, finds it, looses it, and then again and again...

d) My location is central Europe (Poland), so we use EGNOS, not WAAS. Can this be cause somehow?

e) What's with that ionosphere model? At the beginning the info page said we have "WAAS Iono" (during trials) now it says "Iono unknown"...

EZ-guide monitor related
f) We entered 50 headlands to execute, because we were going to make circles right to the middle of the field. It is convenient for us. Maybe for EZ-guide this is just too many. Maybe there has to be only as many headlands as it is supposed to be in the field (there can't more headlands than the field's width), otherwise EZ-guide can't calculate properly. Should we use FreeForm instead?

g) Maybe there are some other settings that are mixed up?

--
To make things worse, I am not on the site right now, so I will have to make things right remotely...
Thanks in advance for all the answers.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)