AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

GS2 questions.
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

JD AMS GUY
Posted 4/2/2008 00:33 (#347910 - in reply to #346552)
Subject: RE: GS2 questions.

I hate to burst your bubble but I sure hope that if you're doing GS2 updates with vehicle power turned off that you've got an Original display and Mobile Processor to force software to your other GS Components. I STRONGLY recommemd that if you're doing GS System Updates, you should have your vehicle running and here's why...let's use a StarFire Receiver for example: the first two steps that a StarFire Receiver takes when being updated are having the configuration settings (SF2 Activation if applicable and the StarFire Height and StarFire Fore/Aft settings for example) copied somewhere for backup, let's assume it's copied to the KeyCard (I'm not sure of this part...). The Receiver is then erased and the new software is copied to the Receiver. Once the new information is copied to the receiver, the configuration settings are then copied back to the Receiver, and the place that the settings were backed up to is erased. The reason I recommend that the engine is running is that the voltage of the power being supplied to the system CANNOT drop below approximately 10.5 to 11 volts. If you're doing a StarFire Receiver update, it can take as long as 45 minutes and the potential exists for the system voltage to fall below 10.5 to 11 volts and if so, the system shuts down. If your GS Component (StarFire iTC, Original StarFire Receiver, GS2 Display, GS Display, Mobile Processor,ATU) shuts down in the middle of a reprogram cycle, the component won't have any info on it. You will then have to force software to that component in order to bring it 'back to life' so to speak. Start the unit up to reprogram and you can eliminate the possibility of MANY headaches.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)