AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

3 AgLeader Insights/RTK Patterns/SMS Advanced..........Gettting them all coordinated
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

DG N. AL
Posted 3/30/2008 13:45 (#345544 - in reply to #345511)
Subject: Having just been through all this...............

Hillsboro, AL

I set up two new InSight systems this spring, but all my lines came from an FMD.  I brought the shape file guidance lines into SMS (yes, one field at a time) and exported them out in .pat format.  A couple of the lines were corrupted and had to be setup from scratch.  Getting them loaded on the InSights was another ordeal.  You had to import the guidance lines one at a time (I had about 140 of them).   This is my suggestion......

• I brought one of the Insights into the office and powered it with the AC adapter.
  • I set up all the Grower/Farm/Field hiearchy (I did that in SMS).
  • I then loaded them on the first InSight.
  • I imported the guidance lines (one at a time {there has to be a better way AgLeader}), made sure they had very descriptive names and got them in the correct fields.
  • After doing this and making sure I had everything the way I wanted it, I backed up this setup to a card.
  • VERY IMPORTANT STEP!!!!!  I moved to the second InSight and I BACKED UP the vehicle configurations.
  • I then used the backup card I made in the 1st InSight and restored it on the 2nd InSight.  This copied all the Growers/Farms/ Fields and guidance lines to the 2nd Insight.  But it also overwrites the configuration files.
  • I then used the backup created 2 bullets above to reload the configurations on the 2nd InSight.

There has to be a better way to "SYNC" multiple InSights. This is a major headache as we start to use more than one monitor and particularly if we mix and match different brands.  But it is not easy when they are the same brand.

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)