AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Having a problem with EZ guide 500.......
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

wildcat1
Posted 3/29/2008 20:00 (#344954)
Subject: Having a problem with EZ guide 500.......

South Central Kansas
I bought an EZ guide 500 two months ago after using the EZ guide plus for three years. I have had both in the cab while spraying while I get used to the 500. When I first started using the 500 in January, it and the Plus would run almost perfectly together as far as guidence. I've been spraying wheat and old row crop stubble so I have a good idea of the swath accuracy since everything is drilled or planted straight back and forth.

Here's the problem, lately the Plus seems to be right on the money with where I think it should be and the 500 seems eratic. The Plus seems very steady and the 500 tells me to move left when the plus says move right or vice versa. Or ......the 500 says Im offline when the Plus says I'm online. I know my planting patterns well enough to think that the Plus is correct.

Both are set exactly the same as far as implement width etc. I usually run the adaptive curve when spraying.

I noticed today that my 500 is running on WAAS 138 for corrections.. I also noticed that there is a place for it to auto select the satellites. Should it be set to auto?

Any suggestions appreciated. TIA
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)