AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

GS2 rate Controller on Seedstar Planter
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

Strange
Posted 3/22/2008 10:59 (#339277)
Subject: GS2 rate Controller on Seedstar Planter

I'm getting ready to revamp our 1770 seedstar planter.  I have the new wedgebox and harness for gen. 2 so I can run seeding prescriptions off the 2600 display.  In the process of updating I also want to be able to run Autoswath with my half-width disconnect.  I have the rate controller kit but after reading the instructions, it appears that I will need some additional harnesses but it is a little bit uncertain exactly which ones are required.

The instructions say that a "Master switch and constant power harness" is required to "extend the master switch and/or foot switch to the rear of the tractor"  I can not imagine why I would need that for a seedstar planter.  Sounds to me like that would be for a sprayer or NH3 setup that needs a master switch in the cab and constant power source for Raven valves.  Can anyone confirm this?

I'm also concerned about the front extension harness (another requirement that I don't currently have).  Apparently this would connect to the rate controller harness on one end and plug into my 9 pin ISO connector on the other.  However, that is where my seedstar harness currently plugs in.  I am not clear on how that is supposed to be resolved.  Anybody had any experience in this regard?

My dealer has been putting in a lot of time and effort on this project but is not having much luck finding any answers.  I am hoping someone here already has some practical experience with this.

TIA for any help!

Charlie

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)