AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

EZ-Guide+ NMEA Configuration
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

dpilot83
Posted 3/21/2008 23:22 (#338999)
Subject: EZ-Guide+ NMEA Configuration

We bought a TeeJet BoomPilot and we're working on setting our EZ-Guide+ to send the proper NMEA output. The following screen is the only screen I can find that will allow adjustment of the NMEA output:

We left the input at "None". We changed the rate to 19,200 and the output rate to 5Hz. The GGA Precision we left at 7. The BoomPilot is having some problems but we think that's related to the wiring harness, not the GPS settings. However, just to understand the EZ-Guide+ more, where can I adjust more NMEA settings? I'm looking at an Adobe File from Trimble about sending a signal from the EZ-Guide+ to a combine yield monitor and it's talking about being able to adjust whether or not the EZ-Guide+ sends a bunch of different things:

Supposedly the "NMEA Output" option is supposed to be right below "Data Port Settings". On my screen though the only thing right below "Data Port Settings" is "Pulse Output".

How can I access additional NMEA configurations? Ideally the BoomPilot would get 1Hz VTG in addition to the 5Hz GGA.

If you're interested in helping with the BoomPilot situation please see the thread that I'll be posting soon ...thanks in advance.

BTW, I have the 4.11 firmware and we're running an EZ-Steer in addition to the BoomPilot. The serial cable coming out of the BoomPilot has male pins and screws. This doesn't plug into the BoomPilot. We have a serial cable to upgrade the firmware on the EZ-Guide+. It is female on both ends and has screws on both ends. We plugged one end into the EZ-Guide+ and the other into the male connection on the BoomPilot. Since the BoomPilot cable had screws as well we just tied around them to hold them together as a temporary solution. The BoomPilot seems to work this way....kinda....see the post I'll be making soon if you want to know more about that aspect.

Edited by dpilot83 3/21/2008 23:43
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)